Saturday, March 19, 2011

T-minus 2 Weeks!

Gazing Upon The Lincoln

So Rach and I are leaving for our trip in two-weeks from yesterday. Holy CRAP!!! It's absolutely insane! Yesterday we even fully loaded our bikes for a test run around DC. This is becoming real!

While thinking this is totally insane I would say that I am personally ready to go. We have been talking about this trip since July 2009. The anticipation the past two weeks have been tough, we are moving most of our stuff out of our house and we just sold Rach's dresser and my desk yesterday and donated 64 books!

While we were biking yesterday, we were looking at each other and said, "this is going to be our home for the next 8 months." About a month ago I felt afraid of what I was going to lose and what known things laid before me. Now I'm excited and ready to go! Yes, I'm going to miss so many things, friends, family, Forest Dwellers, activism, but it is all a trade off for one big dream. Now I just want to get on that bike and ride off.

Everyone says 8 months is sooooo long. But if you put it into perspective of our lives, it is soooo short. I am 25 years old and these 8 months will only be 2.67% of my life. All I know is that is this is one of my dreams and it's about to become a reality!

Follow our adventures on our flickr account.

1 comment:

  1. Following your dreams....how amazing that you are doing that. Good luck to you on your new home. Like they say, home is where the heart is.

    ReplyDelete